Windows update error

Shoma

Oct 14, 2022
Have the following when updating:

There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070659)

Tried searching online but getting conflicting information. Any ideas?

Hi @Shoma - welcome to CF!

It would be useful to check if you have tried anything at all so far to resolve this.

Have you run the Windows Update troubleshooter?

Hey @Shoma

If you get an error code while downloading & installing Windows updates, the Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem.

For this:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.

Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.

When the troubleshooter is finished running, it's a good idea to restart your device.

Next, check for new updates. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and then install any available updates.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the help so far, I have tried running the troubleshooters but I am still facing this error when updating

Thanks for the help so far, I have tried running the troubleshooters but I am still facing this error when updating

I've done a bit of further research.

This error might be occuring if you're using Windows 10 or 11 S Mode.

You can disable S Mode, though you lose the "benefits" of being unable to install any software that's not in the Microsoft Store:

Back