• Computer Forums is where you'll find free PC help, tech support & discussion of technology.

From Windows errors to which smartphone to buy, home automation to internet connections, we're here for you.

Registration is quick, easy and entirely free, and lets you post your computer questions, receive answers from experts and fully take part in our site.

Ready to jump in? Register now

Windows update error

Shoma

Have the following when updating:

There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070659)

Tried searching online but getting conflicting information. Any ideas?

root

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Shoma - welcome to CF!

It would be useful to check if you have tried anything at all so far to resolve this.

Have you run the Windows Update troubleshooter?

markanderson

Hey @Shoma

If you get an error code while downloading & installing Windows updates, the Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem.

For this:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.

Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.

When the troubleshooter is finished running, it's a good idea to restart your device.

Next, check for new updates. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and then install any available updates.

Hope this helps :)

Shoma

Thanks for the help so far, I have tried running the troubleshooters but I am still facing this error when updating

root

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the help so far, I have tried running the troubleshooters but I am still facing this error when updating

I've done a bit of further research.

This error might be occuring if you're using Windows 10 or 11 S Mode.

You can disable S Mode, though you lose the "benefits" of being unable to install any software that's not in the Microsoft Store: